A lot of people are following something. But do you know anyone who claims they’re actually following their destiny?
In fact, “destiny” isn’t really a word you hear too many people casually throwing around.
It’s sort of a mark of a crazy person.
And if you don’t believe me, just do a little experiment.
The next time you’re at a party, just start asking people about their destiny. Don’t even ask them if they have one…just assume they do and ask them to explain it to you.
After they finish laughing and you’re still staring at them expectantly, the only thought that will then cross their mind is, “Holy shit I gotta get away from this person.”
But this is no reason not to discover your destiny. In fact, it’s all the more reason to.
You see, humanity exists of about 99% followers and 1% visionaries…and that’s being generous.
Nevertheless, those 1% of visionaries have cumulatively led the remaining 99% of humans into the best global standard of living our planet has ever seen. Statistics show that there has never been a better time to be alive in all of human history.
Innovations in systems, technology, and science have given us a better quality of life in almost every measurable category, from mortality rates to global poverty rates, to availability of resources, to freedom of thought, to violence indices, to education…you name it…the list goes on and on.
The quality of life of a king even just a few hundred years ago pales in comparison to the quality of life that an average person in a developed country has today.
And it’s all because of visionaries.
It is the visionaries who lead the world and create change.
It is the people who are crazy enough – bold enough – to follow their own destinies who change the lives of millions of other people.
It is the people who said yes to themselves and no to social norms who ended up revolutionizing those social norms and forever altering the trajectory of history for the betterment of the planet and everyone on it.
If you’re not sure you’re following your destiny, then you’re not. And if you’re not, then just keep searching for it. Because it’s in there.
Hell, even if you never find it, you’ll have a much more enjoyable and meaningful life simply by searching for it.
Personally, I’d rather spend my life trying to change the world than living a life completely devoid of such a pursuit. It’s better to me to seek and not find than to have never sought in the first place.
Realize that destiny doesn’t always look as exciting as you think it should. Sometimes destiny is full of a lot of unexpected surprises, some pleasurable and some painful. Sometimes destiny feels like you’re in a huge, dark room looking for a light switch.
Sometimes destiny is the equivalent to grinding boars in World of Warcraft. In other words, sometimes it’s excruciatingly boring and uneventful…
But when you’re following your destiny, you won’t mind.
You know you’re following your destiny when – in the grand scheme of things – you’re accepting of the struggles, the pain, the monotony, and the challenges.
That doesn’t mean you will always like it. Because there will certainly be times when you don’t.
The difference is when you’re not following your destiny, it becomes exceedingly difficult for you to accept the challenges of life. You will end up becoming depressed or turning to sex, drugs, video games, television, materialism, and comfort.
On the other hand, when you are following your destiny, you quickly begin to thrive in trying situations. You start to get excited when things are tough because you know you’re working hard for something you believe in. You become inspired when things aren’t easy because you’ve made so many connections in which failure leads to inevitable success.
Put simply: you know you’re following destiny when you’ve embraced the journey for what it really is: a never-ending series of ups and downs.
Once you begin to enjoy the challenges – and you can understand them as features of your growth – then you will know you have arrived.
When you look back and you’re grateful for the challenges – even though you didn’t like them in the moment – then you will know you have arrived.
So…this begs the question: how does one locate their destiny? Read this article.
Often times the first step to finding your destiny is to first stop doing everything that you know is not your destiny.
A wise man once said, “The way to find the missing something is to find out where it’s not.” -Dr. Seuss
And if you need a tool that you can use to begin to distance yourself from your current life and help you locate your destiny, then I strongly recommend my 7-day course, WEEK OF POWER.
I myself have used it to catalyze my journey to destiny. It worked wonders for me and for many others…it will work for you too…
…that is, if you can finish it.
Good luck, comrade.